Friday, February 26, 2010

VIDEO: Toilet training your cat


I found this video report on the Wall Street Journal website about training cats to use the toilet.

Reporter Anne Marie Chaker describes the trial and tribulations of getting her kitty Mr Tibb's to 'go toilet'.

I can see why some people would want to toilet train their cat, if they are house cats and live in a flat or apartment, but I think Charlie would have none of it. He has excellent toilet habits.

When I first got him he knew exactly what to do over a litter tray. Now he's usually out all day, so he does his business while he's out and about on the prowl.

I do keep a litter tray on my bedroom though, just in case he needs to use it in the middle of the night, but the litter is still fresh - he hasn't used it once.

In fact, when he does need the toilet he wakes me up to be let out. I try to place him in the litter tray and he will just get out, shaking his feet and looking rather bewildered. I suppose when nature calls he wants to do it outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment